Logs from Virus Removal Instructions

By bladd
Oct 25, 2008
  1. I have followed the excellent instructions from Julio and attached are the log files suggested.

I guess I need some help deciphering next steps.

2. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 572   +6

3. bladd

bladd TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for the quick reply. I had a dialogue box pop up at startup. It was the "Common Files" folder with the _helper.dll and _helper.sig files.

My computer began to drag, very badly.

I researched the problem and found this is not a typical malicious trojan, but common enoug to fall under a couple of names. One being DeepDive.

I ran every tool imaginable as my McAfee system security and firewal did not catch it.

the attached files were the output requested. I ran the scans multiple times using the the tools suggested in my original subject line. I still think I have some issues, but much has improved.

I would appreciate deciphering the logs and information regarding how to prevent future attack.

I can only assume this came in through an e-mail or link. I test my ports at Gibson Research

and all appears stealthy.

If there is a recommendation for additional tools to McAfee, that is appreciated as well.

Thank you
  4. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 572   +6

I recommend replacing Mcafee with avira.
    I will have a look at your HJT log, and sure others will also,,I will respond asap.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.