long beeps and blank screens.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

formetopoopon90

Hey guys, i have a bit of a problem on my hands. I have a gigabyte k8n board, and everything was working just perfectly until today. Today i was surfing the web, playing countrstrike and everything just perfectly, then my new case that i ordered came in. Its the Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS, yes a 150$ case. Well i took apart my computer, and put everything into my new case, and nothing happened except for a long beep....10 seconds later....long beep.......10 seconds later....long beep....ect...and a blank screen. All the lights and everything came on perfectly. I thought it was the grahpics card at first, so i chaged out the card, and still nothing. I took the whole case apart, and re-built it. Still, same thing happened. So i thought it was just the case, and i put everything back into my original case. Well, samet thing happened with my old case. Does anyone know whats wrong? I really need to have this computer running. I looked up some "error codes", and it says that with the long beeps, there is something wrong with my DRAM, but how do you fix an error with DRAM, if thats even the case. Thanks!!!!!!:)

P.S. - I have noticed that my CD-RW drive will light up the second before the long beep.........then the light will go off until the next beep is fixing to happen. does that mean something?

but i dont understand how it could be the memory, i didn't touch it or anything. I did switch around the memory and stuff and the same thing happened. I was just thinking, i did add a second hard drive when i put my computer in my new case. But i cant see how that would of effected anything. There has to be someone who can help me. This is just annoying and i need my system to work. Thanks!

ok, so i replaced the RAM with another stick of ram, and the same thing happened. I'm just guessing that somethings wrong witht he mounting on which i mounted the motherboard. I dont see how, as thats how it was previously mounted, but i'm just guessing:confused: . What else could it be? there must be someone who knows how to fix this, anyone?...thanks.:knock:

ok guys, i think i found where the problem is related too. The long beeps are continuous, and i have noticed the before it beeps, my cd-rw and dvd-rw will light up. So its like this........CD-RW *lights*, DVD-RW *lights*....BEEEEEEEEEEEP, then the drivers lights go off until it's bout to beep again. I pressed the open button on the CD-RW and right before it beeps, the cd-rw will automaticly pull the drive back in when it beeps. I switched the CD-RW as primary, and hard drive as secondary, and vise versa. Still, the same thing happends with the drive lights. I have switched out the memory with new memory, in different locations, and the memory works. There is still no video, just a blank screen. Can someone please tell me what they think is wrong? I really need this to work and it would help me out a whole lot. Thanks guys!!!

i know you guys are getting annoyed by this subject, but listen to this. I'm down to just giving up on my computer, until i decided to put a jumper on the "Clear CMOS" jumper thingy. Well, it worked. The beeps went away, and the lights on my cd-rw and dvd-rw went away, and it acted as if it was perfect, but still no video. So i took the jumper off, the case went back to the beeping and the rom lights going off. Can anyone explain this? sorry for the trouble:blackeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back