Long time no thread

circusboy01

Don't ya just hate people who only visit when they need a favor.
Kind of like me now.
Monday I should be getting a phone from Consumer Cellular.
It's the first one I've ever had that could take pictures. I also have a new Lenovo P.C.
with a card reader.Also the first time I've had one.
Heres my questions. Can I upload pictures from my phone to my computer?
How is that done? Would I take the sim card out of the phone,stick it in the card reader,and follow instructions.Or is there another card in a camera phone for uploading pictures. Thanks CB

generally... no and no... unless using a "smartphone"...
mostly done either by sending the pic to your email... or by means of a cable.
I know of no phones that store pictures on the SIM. Maybe someone else does.

Smartphones sometimes (all?) offer microSD support; pix may be stored here.
MicroSD cards will require an adapter to be read by most computers, including the more recent netbooks.

There are devices/software for managing your sim card data,
(such as http://www.dekart.com/products/card_management/sim_manager/)

Many outfits offer "third party" cable and software systems for managing interaction between phone and pc (and rather than have two devices, that is the way I would probably go.)

When you have the details on your new phone, we can be of more specific assistance.

this is brand name specific.

My Nokia has PC software for Bluetooth or USB connections to the phone,
where you can sync the phone book, move tunes and pics - -

use google or the vendors site to find what's available for your phone.

Thanks. Both of you. I had it all wrong. Naturally I've got instructions that came with the phone that tells me how things work. But they drag on from page to page to page;and the print is sooooo small.Oh on the PC can anyone tell me what the card reader is used for? CB

just another chunk of memory - - any device that can write to it (like a camera or cell phone) creates the data and when moved to the PC, it can be extracted, modified or deleted

Back