TechSpot

Long time no thread

By circusboy01
Apr 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Don't ya just hate people who only visit when they need a favor.
    Kind of like me now.
    Monday I should be getting a phone from Consumer Cellular.
    It's the first one I've ever had that could take pictures. I also have a new Lenovo P.C.
    with a card reader.Also the first time I've had one.
    Heres my questions. Can I upload pictures from my phone to my computer?
    How is that done? Would I take the sim card out of the phone,stick it in the card reader,and follow instructions.Or is there another card in a camera phone for uploading pictures. Thanks CB

2. B00kWyrm

B00kWyrm TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,436   +37

generally... no and no... unless using a "smartphone"...
    mostly done either by sending the pic to your email... or by means of a cable.
    I know of no phones that store pictures on the SIM. Maybe someone else does.

Smartphones sometimes (all?) offer microSD support; pix may be stored here.
    MicroSD cards will require an adapter to be read by most computers, including the more recent netbooks.

There are devices/software for managing your sim card data,
    (such as http://www.dekart.com/products/card_management/sim_manager/)

Many outfits offer "third party" cable and software systems for managing interaction between phone and pc (and rather than have two devices, that is the way I would probably go.)

When you have the details on your new phone, we can be of more specific assistance.

3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,098   +592

this is brand name specific.

My Nokia has PC software for Bluetooth or USB connections to the phone,
    where you can sync the phone book, move tunes and pics - -

use google or the vendors site to find what's available for your phone.

4. circusboy01

circusboy01 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 799   +16

Thanks. Both of you. I had it all wrong. Naturally I've got instructions that came with the phone that tells me how things work. But they drag on from page to page to page;and the print is sooooo small.Oh on the PC can anyone tell me what the card reader is used for? CB

5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,098   +592

just another chunk of memory - - any device that can write to it (like a camera or cell phone) creates the data and when moved to the PC, it can be extracted, modified or deleted