TechSpot

Looking at new Intel processor

1. Ok so i know i should just upgrade my motherboard, RAM and processor but dont really have the money to do so. I am looking at the Pentium D processors for my Gigabyte motherboard. Here is a link with compatable processors listed:

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=2257

The Pentium D 950 is the highest on the list compatable.

There all pretty cheap online, just wondering which one to get. Thanks

2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Yea you don't have a lot of options for processors, so I would just opt for the one you picked. If they are cheap enough it will suffice until you can upgrade. Personally, I would try to find an even cheaper used chip to use, unless you need a new cooler as well.

The 945 seems to have the same credentials, so you could look for either...

3. LightningSeed

LightningSeed TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 39

Yeh i mean the D 945 go for about £30-£40 on ebay which is cheap and there are quiet a few. Anyone have experience with the D? Since its meant to be 'dual' core.

4. winterwolf1223

winterwolf1223 TS Rookie Posts: 73

I have a pent D dual core 3.2 ghz. Works perfectly well for everyday computing. I can even play gmes in normal settings with a 1gb grahics card. Ifyou are using the computer for regular computing it should be good enough till u have the money for a big upgrade. Only time it slows down was when im scanning for viruses and gaming or when im doing windows update

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.