Looking for a better video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow_dell

there are a couple issues! 1.I think I have standard pci slots the slots are white,2 Im not sure of all the video cards that are cheap that meet these specs! nvidia geforce 4(minimum) ati radeon 9500 (minimum) the software I wanna run is these reg.1.5 processor though I have 733mhz.ie 6.0 (i have) win xp (i have) 256 ram(i have) 500 mb of hdd space( i have) but my issue is the video card someone please help!

Ok, I would love to help you, but I am direly confused. I can barely make out most of your post. I believe this is what you meant:
There are a couple of issues:
#1: I think I have standard, non PCI-E, PCI slots, because they are white.
#2: I'm not sure if all of the video cards that are cheap can meet these specs:
Nvidia Geforce 4 (minumum) ATI Radeon 9500 (minimum)

The software I wanna run requires 1.5Ghz processor, but I have a 733mhz, with IE 6.0, Windows XP, 256mb Ram, and 500mb of Hard Drive space, but I don't have the proper Graphics card.

Now, From what you said I get that you need a new graphics card.

What are you trying to run? You will most likely need a new processor as well, but we could possibly get around that by getting a good enough gfx card.

Tell us what you want to run first.

graphics card

yes thats exactly it! sorry bout that! so what would be suggested?the cheapest if at all possible?

graphics card

well to be honest I guess youd say a bit of both.I been watchin the dance competition on mtv and they have a virtual game on there!and thas all I am lacking is the graphics card!

I didn't say this, which I may regret...

MAKE SURE that all you have are pci.

If you get something you can't use I am going to kick my own ***...

Also, make sure your power supply is at least 250 watts. Open up the case and look at the box in the upper rear corner. There should be a sticker on it that tells the max watts. Also, make sure you unplug the comp first.

oh yea always,I have another question also?my pc highest color is 24 bit lowest is 16 any way to run 32 bit?there are some websites that wont load or allow me to download cause they require 32 bit true color?any way to run this on this old pc?

You will get that increase along with your new gfx card. Also, please put your system specs into your profile so I know what you got.

ok so I did some research and found I have 2 pci slots!what is a good cheap card (just need for bit better graphics) and so I can run 32 bit display!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back