TechSpot

Looking for a good Asus laptop docking station

By alienuser09
Jan 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. As I can't seem to find a docking station made specifically for my new Asus N53S laptop, I am looking for recommendations on a universal docking station (with video output). There are several choices out there, but they all seem to get mixed reviews for performance or installation. Can anyone suggest a particular make/model that works well. Any Asus owners out there with a universal docking station that does the job? Any info and/or recommendations would be welcome!

2. Eigfrost

Eigfrost TS Rookie Posts: 21

The Kensington universal notebook docking station is compatible with Asus, and all major brands in fact, I'd check that out...

There's a review of an admittedly slightly older version (from 2009) here, but it wins a best buy award and gets a very good write-up.

Certainly well worth considering. Hope that helps somewhat...

Kris Eastman likes this.
  3. alienuser09

alienuser09 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 20

Thanks for the info Eigfrost. I'll be looking into the Kensington stations. Also considering the Toshiba Dynadock as a possibility. Will post a review of sorts once I've settled and tried one out.

4. Kris Eastman

Kris Eastman TS Rookie

Are you referring to a particular model? The K33926US does not have very good reviews.