Looking for a laptop

Johnathon

So I'm looking for a laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i5 processor, 2.0 GHz processor speed, windows vista, Microsoft 2007, 4GB RAM, 50 GB Hard-drive and a screen size ranging between 11'' to 14''. Anyone know a good enough to run the game Combat Arms without lag? EDIT: I was thinking about Toshiba C855

What? Most laptops don't come with Office full version and 50GB HDD is a bit behind the curve.

Are you looking for laptop suggestions to play Combat Arms? If so, what's your budget.

Looks like the op may be looking at this rig...
though not vista (hah!) and definitely more hd and ram. also larger screen than stated.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834216035

I don't know how the 7680m would handle the game requirements (not my thing).
Combat Arms recommends VGA: GeForce FX 5600 or better
Check the review in the product listing above... the one review claims that this machine handles Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, and EVE.

Lots of things he quoted won't work.
Reason for s855 was, the c855s I was finding (retail outlets) were all i3 or less.
So I found a similar with the i5.

After your note I went to Toshiba... I still find none of the c850 series with an i5.
http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/C850

I did find one c855 on Amazon, that was an i5, but "not yet released".
AND the graphics... "Mobile Intel® HD graphics"
As before... what this graphics adapter will handle for gameplay is beyond my knowing.

Yeah, he pretty much needs a dedicated GPU to run it. That, or get a really expensive CPU with Intel HD 4000 or an AMD APU.

"After your note I went to Toshiba... I still find none of the c850 series with an i5." Jeez £650! That's beyond my budget... I'm looking for something between £250 to £450, or anything cheap that can run Combat Arms smoothly, and I guess I just need Microsoft Office Word 2007 for homework etc.

You're going to be looking at at least £500. This is going by prices here in Australia and just exchanging currencies.

Back