TechSpot

Looking for a new LED keyboard

By Eddie_42
Apr 7, 2010
  1. Hello,

I am starting to look for a new keyboard. I would like one that is LED backlit so I can find some of the keys easier in the dark. Color choices are not a major factor, would be nice, but not required.

I have looked at the Logitech G15 and G110, as well as the Razer Lycosa. These all seem a bit too fancy for what I'm after. I don't need 500 choices for macros, and 6 usb ports. I just want a simple backlit keyboard, that works. Media controls would be nice, in-particular volume control.

As far as format/layout, I am looking for a standard size, nominal keyboard. Nothing fancy, ergonomic, modern, etc.

I've budgeted about $100 since thats what most of the ones I've looked at run ($80-100)

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 16 for my wife. It has a backlit keyboard on it that I really like if that helps any of you.

Thanks in advance for any guidance and suggestions.

Regards,

Eddie

2. nismo91

nismo91 TS Evangelist Posts: 899   +15

you may want to take a look at the logitech illuminated keyboard. but its media control requires user to press "Fn" if im not wrong. but, there is volume control buttons at the right top area.

check this site out: http://www.xoxide.com/blpsilke.html

3. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Have you called Dell?? i'm sure they'd be happy to sell you another keyboard

4. Eddie_42

Eddie_42 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 173

Suppose i failed to mention that was a laptop. My own fault.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.