TechSpot

Looking for a new MoBo...

By D3xter
Jan 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alright, so here is my problem, I'm looking for a new Mainboard for the following:
    C2D E6600, 2x 1GB DDR2 Corsair PC800 (Dualchannel?), ASUS EN8800GTX or GTS

It has to have: At least 2 IDE-Connectors (because I got 6 IDE-Components in the machine right now... I could most likely get rid of one while upgrading but that would still make 5 I would slowly exchange against SATA)
    at least 3 (better 4) PCI-Slots... all the new MoBo's seem to have only two damn PCI-Slots and usually only 1 IDE-Connector
    at least 4 (better 5-6) SATA-Connectors as I will be needing them pretty soon
    Should have a new nForce-Chipset or at least a good Intel Chipset (never again VIA or ALi and the sames...)
    Should have 1GBit LAN

I would also heavily prefer a ASUS-MoBo because my last 5 or so were and I had bad experiences with some MoBo's of another Brand but I think I have to make some compromises because I can't find one board that matches all those for now.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.