Looking for a new network adapter/card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently built a somewhat budget gaming computer but what's holding me back is that it's not directly connected to the modem/router in my house so I have to use this crappy network adapter I have. It's super old, overheats while I'm downloading files, the overheating results in disconnects, and the wire is sensitive to where if I move it a lil' it can turn off/disconnect.

First of all I would like to know what you would suggest, a network card or network adapter. Although I have a GTX 260 in my rig I sitll have open slots for a network card if that's the way I should go. Once we have that figured out, what kind would you guys suggest? I want something that's of good quality but not too steep of a price either. Fast speed and will also last me a long time! Thanks!

Network cards arn't that useful, work on your connection, modem, and router.

Well the modem and router are in a different room in my house and I kinda didn't want to have to use a 50 foot ethernet cable and cable manage that so that it isn't so messy. I would rather go wireless so I was wondering if I should go with a network card or network adapter and which kind to get.

Hi, I hate to belabor a point, but you will be much, much better off if you go hardwired, especially for gaming. Messy or not, an Ethernet cable will give you much better performance.

Yeah trust me, I REALLY wanna just go wired but it's going to take a while to get it managed good with how busy I am and all. But just say I had NO CHOICE but to go wireless, what would you guys do, network card or adapter and what kind?

I've never used wireless, so the only advice I have is descreet network cards are not very useful, standard motherboard network systems should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back