Looking for a teardown of Gateway M-6864FX

By MysterioMask
Jan 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello. I have been trying to find a teardown guide or video or basically anything pertaining to the Gateway M-6864FX, i know its a weird side model of the FX series but Im trying to replace the motherboard in it and instead of crowbaring the thing apart id like some kind of guide so i can have a little bit more finess with it. So if anyone can link me to blueprints or a tear down or disassembly instructions that would be greatly appreciated.
  2. MysterioMask

MysterioMask TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 180

Gateway got back to me with basically a well it sucks to be you reply. They said they no longer have warrenty for it *which i know* and that because its a "legacy" model, they dont carry a teardown or anything for it. So if anyone has any info please let me know.
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,421   +217

You probably had the same experience but when I looked at the Gateway website I couldn't find anything either. Sorry, I know this info doesn't help you.
  4. MysterioMask

MysterioMask TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 180

I ended up just doing it without a teardown or instructions, didnt break anything so thats a plus. Got the motherboard replaced and everything is now working, except for the audio so took it apart again and made sure everything was hooked up and as far as i can tell everything is fine im not missing any cables and nothing is un attached. I think its a device driver problem anyway.
  5. boogie606

boogie606 Newcomer, in training

Was the GPU soldered to the motherboard or was it replaceable?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.