Looking for disc defrag & cleanup programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred G

Hello,

Can someone recomend some effective disc defrag and cleanup programs? Preferably free ones.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for the recomendation. :)

I am curious what paid defrag program you are using though. like i said i would prefer i free one, but if a good free one is not available i'd get a paid one.

P.S. Why do i need to get CCleaner without yahoo toolbar? is that a bad thing?

For defragging you might try mst Defrag.

I find it works just as it says, beavering away in the background but only when the cpu is not being used by other things. It doesn't seem to slow anything down and it does keep your disks defragged all the time. It literally is "set and forget."
You can set it to run on on different disk partitions or not run on some partitions as you prefer. There's a good help section or good FAQ's on the support website.
It's currently about 19 Euro's (including VAT) or 15.90 US$ without VAT.
You can run a defrag manually as well if you want to. Just click the red Stop button and then the green Defrag button to put it in manual.

It's from a German outfit and runs as smoothly as one of their quality cars!

Regards,

p.s. I have no connection with them apart from being a UK user of a couple of their products, but I'd say it does just what it says on the tin!

p.p.s. I forgot to say that the Home edition runs on Win2000 Pro (min SP4) or WinXP (all editions).

Fred G said:
P.S. Why do i need to get CCleaner without yahoo toolbar? is that a bad thing?

Its just a preferance of mine, I dont really see the need for toolbars like this and try to only install things i think i need on my PC.

I use Defrag for Windows from here; http://www.pcmesh.com/ but i actually brought their all products pack and it came with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back