TechSpot

Looking for driver for webcam Micro Innovations Model ic50c

By richncali
Jul 19, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have Windows XP (SP3) and have tried to install the subject driver via my device manager but to no avail. And even the following USB: USB\VID_093A&PID_2468\5&3398C75D&0&1 cannot be found anywhere. Is there anywhere I can install the driver for this webcam w/o paying for it and performing more scans (Uniblue, Driver Detective, e.g.)?
    Thanks,
    Richncali
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,061   +84 Staff Member

3. richncali

richncali TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 31

installing driver for webcam

Just want to thank you, Matthew, you were a big help!
    Take care,
    richncali
  4. millsy

millsy TS Rookie

I downloaded the drivers, but it still says that it cannot find a capturing device? Can you help me?
  5. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,372   +167

6. millsy

millsy TS Rookie

What was that?
  7. LookinAround

My apologies... I corrected the link in my prior post.. (you can click to use it now)

The error message you report indicates the drivers you downloaded don't match your webcam hardware. (They're looking for different hardware and don't see it. That's why you can't the error message).
  8. millsy

millsy TS Rookie

I read through that link and tried to find the hardware id, but I can't seem to find it. When I right click on my webcam in the device manager (CIF Single Chip, under Imaging Devices), there is no details tab, only general and driver tabs. When I click on Driver Details, it says that No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.
  9. LookinAround

Wow. You must still be running XP Service Pack 1? I believe Details tab became standard in SP2. And is certainly standard in SP3. If you need to manually make it happen see here.
  10. millsy

millsy TS Rookie

Thank you thank you good sir! I got it all figured out and working, thanks so much for taking the time to help, its much appreciated!
  11. LookinAround

And congrats to you and a big thumbs up to a job well done :grinthumb Glad you found the info helpful :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.