Looking for old sci-fi RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyscos

Hi there !

When I was young - oh, sooo young - I used to play to a RTS my dad had installed, and I really can't remember its name.

It was sci-fi, on a strange planet. The atmosphere was really cold and slow.

I think we only had the demo, and we always played the same game.

In the beginning of the game, we would sloowly develop (yeah, I really remember this game being slow) : first research, then construction for buildings, defense, ...
I think we had to research something, then something else with the word light in it, then finally we could build some defense.
I remember after some time, we would see a 'scout' (some vehicle, I don't think there were any human in the game), and if we were fast enough, we could build a laser tower before.

Buildings were somehow connected wire tubes, or maybe it was underground ways...

I played it before 2000, probably around 1998 (I remebre playing Seven Kingdoms, fallout 1, ...)

I don't think there was any 3D in it.
I played TA, but the game I'm looking for was much less intense, and probably not as beautiful...

I really hope someone will be able to help me...
If I saw a screenshot of the game, I think I could recognize it... *I hope*

Naah, I'm pretty sure I would have recohnized it...
Also, I think buildings were pretty smaller on the screen than in starcraft.
And I clearly remember the lines between buildings, like some roads.
There were civilian buildings, like hospital or things like that. I think I remember seeing a kindergarten, but maybe that's just what my dad told me... :-S

Command and Conquer? I don't know if that's Sci-fi tho. Warcraft is also another one.

I can't really say that what you're describing sounds familiar to me tho.

EDIT: There's one I foregot, maybe it was Total annihilation?

Nope, its not one of these...

The game was at a much slower pace than C&C, TA, *craft, ...
Almost like a simulation game, with war inside.
But it's not civ, simcity or caesars... It really is sci-fi, and it clearly isn't happening on Earth, or any habitable planet...

I checked some lists of old RTS, but didn't find it there... I'm pretty sure the game wasn't a hit, so I just hope somebody happened to play it...

Nah, I looked for screenshots from Dune, and the game I'm looking for had less colors, or at least colder colors.
I think graphics were a little bit like Imperium Galactica (seems I can't post link).
But I don't remember seeing anything happening in outerspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back