Looking for old sci-fi RTS

By gyscos
Jun 30, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there !

When I was young - oh, sooo young - I used to play to a RTS my dad had installed, and I really can't remember its name.

It was sci-fi, on a strange planet. The atmosphere was really cold and slow.

I think we only had the demo, and we always played the same game.

In the beginning of the game, we would sloowly develop (yeah, I really remember this game being slow) : first research, then construction for buildings, defense, ...
    I think we had to research something, then something else with the word light in it, then finally we could build some defense.
    I remember after some time, we would see a 'scout' (some vehicle, I don't think there were any human in the game), and if we were fast enough, we could build a laser tower before.

Buildings were somehow connected wire tubes, or maybe it was underground ways...

I played it before 2000, probably around 1998 (I remebre playing Seven Kingdoms, fallout 1, ...)

I don't think there was any 3D in it.
    I played TA, but the game I'm looking for was much less intense, and probably not as beautiful...

I really hope someone will be able to help me...
    If I saw a screenshot of the game, I think I could recognize it... *I hope*
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,117   +23

Are you talking PC or console?
  3. gyscos

gyscos Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

It was on pc.
  4. magaman598

magaman598 TechSpot Booster Posts: 275

Starcraft maybe?
  5. gyscos

Naah, I'm pretty sure I would have recohnized it...
    Also, I think buildings were pretty smaller on the screen than in starcraft.
    And I clearly remember the lines between buildings, like some roads.
    There were civilian buildings, like hospital or things like that. I think I remember seeing a kindergarten, but maybe that's just what my dad told me... :-S
  6. magaman598

magaman598 TechSpot Booster Posts: 275

Command and Conquer? I don't know if that's Sci-fi tho. Warcraft is also another one.

I can't really say that what you're describing sounds familiar to me tho.

EDIT: There's one I foregot, maybe it was Total annihilation?
  7. gyscos

Nope, its not one of these...

The game was at a much slower pace than C&C, TA, *craft, ...
    Almost like a simulation game, with war inside.
    But it's not civ, simcity or caesars... It really is sci-fi, and it clearly isn't happening on Earth, or any habitable planet...

I checked some lists of old RTS, but didn't find it there... I'm pretty sure the game wasn't a hit, so I just hope somebody happened to play it...
  8. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Possibly Dune II? It's the game that started the modern day RTS, and I recall it being rather slow.
  9. gyscos

Nah, I looked for screenshots from Dune, and the game I'm looking for had less colors, or at least colder colors.
    I think graphics were a little bit like Imperium Galactica (seems I can't post link).
    But I don't remember seeing anything happening in outerspace.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.