Looking for PC game recommendations

MrBlkfx1

Hey guys, Ive been playing alot of PC games, and id like to know some good ones you all play.

I currently play: Crysis 2,Bulletstorm,The Witcher 2,FFXI,FFXIV,World Of Warcraft,Rift and Dragon Age 2.

Just looking for something different to play, when im bored of grinding in my MMO's or shooting **** up haha.

Im open to all types of games!

Starcraft 2 is always fun, but takes a while before you can compete on a multiplayer level. I've been playing a bit of Dead Space lately too.

A nice cheap game which is one of my personal favourites is Trine. The visuals and physics are just stunning.

Thanks for the replies guys, i will defiantly check out all those games; especially starcraft. Ive been meaning to check it out for awhile now haha.

You could play Alien Swarm or Team fortress 2, both are available and free on Steam.
Here's a bunch of games i'v been playing lately: ~All PC~
Bad Company 2(FPS), Killing Floor(Survival horror), Shogun 2: Total war(Turn based strategy), Minecraft(Sandbox), Counter Strike Source(FPS), Battlefield 2(FPS) to name a few.

Great PC games

This game is pretty popular and i tink u heard about it:Diablo 2 especially Diablo 2 battlenet to enjoy slaying Baal with other people.
I recommend Mount and Blade series, they are fun to hell :D
As for RTS games i recommend Cossacks series and Stronghold series,also i recommend Age of Empires 2,3 cuz 1 sucks :))
MOHAA and Call of Duty online brings back the WW2 battlefields :)
A really great FPS is Hidden&Dangerous 2 wich is in my opinion an AWESOME realistic shooter.
Gothic I and Gothic II are simply mistically and magic,you should really check them out ;-)
Gothic III in my opinion is unfinished and lack the magic of Gothic 1&2.
I have many more games to recommend but this comment is going to be too big :))

Soo i was thinking of getting new games....
i don't really know which ones are good , soo i hope u can suggest me some.

I like strategy, scifi (mostly space related, i like spaceships) games, and like action-adventure games something like assassin's creed brotherhood and such.

Tnx :)

If you do indeed like outer space and star ship kind of games, than I got one for you!

How about try this one....

250px-St_starfleet_command_3_boxart.jpg

Star Trek Starfleet Command III

I have owned and played all the games in the Starfleet Command series, and out of all of them number 3 I think is the best. Plenty of action, plenty of Starship's to choose from, plenty of authentic missions, and the game still has great on-line support and play.

I've tried that one, but i don't like it, its old :)

I'm sorry if the game I recommended was not to your liking! I can understand that some games out there are not for everyone. But please, go easy with the old thing, yes it's old, but many around here would say that they still dabble and play some old games. I look at it like this, if someone is recommending an old game, that should tell you something. The thing it should tell you is that the game is still a hit and a classic, means the computer company that designed the game did something right. I will have a look through my P.C. gaming library and see if I have anything else that would better suit you.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R series is still my all time favorite. it incorporates a wide open environment, stratagy, and great graphics. This guy does extremely well done mods for all three in the series, particularly the COP complete. He re-lite, retextured, re shadowed, re-everything. the mod includes the 'Atmosfear' mod that adds dynamic weather as well.
They can all be had here.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-complete

These will put the hurt on your VGA if you crank it up though, fortunately COP has one of the best graphical settings panel out there
http://store.steampowered.com/app/41700/?snr=1_4_4__13

I'm going to include PS3/360 games as-well in-case you have either. Here are some suggestions you might like...

1. Company of Heroes(RTS)[WWII]- PC
  2. Uncharted 1&2 (PS3) (action/adventure)
  3. Batman: Arkham Asylum(PS3, 360)
  4. Hitman 3: Blood Money - PC, 360
  5. Red Dead Redemption(PS3, 360) (GTA wild western)
  6. Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas (PC) also PS3/360
  7. Left for dead 2(pc, 360) (zombie survival)
  8. Crysis 1(pc) or 2(ps3/pc/360) (action) (FPS)

free to play:
  1. Battlefield heroes
  2. Battlefield: free to play

Only games with space I can think of, already suggested is
  1. Mass effect 1 or 2 (PS3, PC, 360)
  2. Dead Space 1 or 2 (PS3, PC, 360)
  3. Starcraft 2 (RTS) (PC)

Some strategy games I know of are:
  1. Civilization 4 or V (Turn based)(PC)
  2. Command and Conquer: 3, 4(PC)
  3. Europa Universalis III(PC) - graphics might be bland for your taste
  4. and those mentioned above

I'd recommend Minecraft or something like Planetside. If your getting tired of the typical shooter or MMO planetside might be a good mix for you. Or even something like Global Agenda.

I said Minecraft too (or Terarria) as they are totally differ from games like shooters or RPGs. It has a mean learning curve and leaves you to figure things out on your own but there are a lot of nice sites out there (wiki) and youtube videos to get you started.

Good luck!

these are the games i play :

minecraft
gta
black ops
flight simulator x
nhl

hope this list helps :D

well i don't mean old as in its bad and such.
i mean its old as in the graphics, im used to the new games with betther graphics and controls,

Be careful on being judgmental though, I grew up with these "bad graphics" games, but I really think gameplay wise most of them outshine ANYTHING we play today (aside from the ones who stay semi-true to the old standards) back in the day we didn't have so much cut and paste gaming (cod4, cod:bo, cod<sameshit>) That were released pre-maturely full of bugs to meet a deadline. Game developers spent time on their games because the market was different. they had to make sure their game was good and free of bugs because they just couldn't release a patch on the fly like they do now (if they did have a patch id assume it would be costly to distribute, via mail/disc etc) often times PC gaming mags had discs with patches too but. most games didn't need it. For example, look at dungeon keeper 1/2, very deep and difficult strategical challenges in that game, lot's of planning and skill were involved. I havnt been challenged by a game like that in a looong time, and when "Dungeons" came along i got pretty excited to have a "new" version of the game, but it was garbage, and EASY! I havn't really been as challenged with a modern day title at all like i used to back in the day. The gaming market is going in an odd direction imho and i'm not sure I like it. So i stick with my oldies but goodies, favorite systems are my snes/genesis/psx/saturn/dreamcast/n64.

HOWEVER i come bearing not just rants, but a few reccomendations of games that have captured me and won my heart.

Warcraft III (love ladder and especially DOTA)
Heroes of Newerth Now F2P following the trashy LoL model (DoTA clone)
Starcraft II (ladder ftw)
Minecraft (i have more fun managing a server than playing but I still play often)
Fallout 1+2 (still havn't gotten the true/good ending and i refuse to use spoilers)
Neverwinter Nights (one of my all time faves, still heavily played online ++linux support)
Warhammer 40k dawn of war 1 & 2
Battle for Wesnoth (free tactic's like game linux/windows (think breath of fire)

Lately i've been trying some "quake"-like shooters and have enjoyed
warsow
xonotic

OMG! i forgot X-com UFO defense
I got all the X-com games (including the awful 3rd person arena shooter) for $2 on steam and love em!

I really like BFBC2 but I just purchased BF3 which will be released on OCT 25, if you like MW3 is coming out on NOV 8 I believe.

Speaking of BF3...The Open Beta is on right now. You can download the "beta" and try the game out right now. It's open to everyone. It's available on all platforms. (except wii, iphone lol)

Back