Looking for some assistance, "Hardware Monitor Error"

Status
Not open for further replies.
After searching around several tech support sites and forums, I still am unable to determine what the problem is with my pc.

*running Windows XP*

The issue: While playing or attempting to play Command and Conquer: Tiberium, several issues may or may not occur, it seems random.

First, the pc may restart. No blue screen of death, it just restarts. It's concerning because when it restarts I recieve a "Hardware Monitor Error"

If the game gets to load, it may simply close out when you click "play" or, the sound drops off, and it will shut down during gameplay between 3 and 5 minutes of actual gametime. I would have placed this in the game thread category, except that i'm fairly certain the issue is not with the game, which has played fine for a very long time. I doubt that an update causes this problem, but I can't entirely rule that out.

I had attempted to update my drivers, and did update my Video Card drivers, but that didn't solve the issue. And I'm not overloading the ram either, I don't run any other software when playing tiberuim, and use roughly 1/3 the maximum available ram while playing.

Any way, i'm lost and would really appreciate any help.

1. are you running XP Home or Pro or Media Center

2. You're probably not seeing a blue screen as its currently set to simply reboot. Rt click My Computer->Properties. Advanced Tab->Startup and Recovery Settings

Uncheck Automatically Restart

Under debugging information, click the arrow to choose: Small memory dump

Should have a dump directory filled in for you then

Click OK

If it keeps happening (likely will) you'll get blue screens and can collect and post minidumps of the crashes here

I'm not sure. It's not really "my" pc, it's my roommates. He's the one who has and plays c&c:t, i mostly check email on it.

I followed your instructions. I'll tell him to copy the minidumps when it happens if it happens again. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back