Looking to buy a new laptop. Any tips?

Blkm0nk3y92

Well Im definitely a gamer, especially when it comes to WoW, but I need a new laptop, and money is definitely an object, im not to sure what gaming laptops go for here and there, so I just figured Id hit the forums for the first time...
I wanna stick it under like $800 (not sure if thats a lot when it comes to buying laptops, im a usual desktop gamer). But yeah, not looking for much besides decent battery life, nice resolution widescreen and WoW-able hardware. Any tips on where I should go with this? :eek:

In this price range, you'll probably be able to find something with Mobility Radeon ATI 5650 + Core i3 or i5 (depending on other specs). I am thinking about getting rid of this notebook (i.e. 1125-EM) and looking at this. I am no big fan of HP but haven't been able to find any other reasonable deal so far. May be you can look for something similar in your area.

Arguably, pretty much anything that ISN'T a netbook can run WoW at playable framerates nowadays.

Okay, some of the entry level systems might struggle, but they are WAY below your intended price limit.:p

edit: what way do you intend on buying a laptop? online, brick and mortar? Specific preferences for said stores?

Back