Looking to start doing computer repairs on the side

stensland

So I'm currently doing IT work, but seeing as I work for a small company I don't make much. I was thinking I might start doing PC repairs, custom builds / upgrades, system recovery, the works. I do not intend to do so while at work because that could very well lose me my job, however I was thinking of posting ads and doing things on the weekends for spare cash. So I come before the Techspot community to say, how would you do it, how would you advertise yourself, and what sort of things would you put in place to draw in customers? Heck, how would you even find customers?

-Stensland

right now with the recession i charge for food not just money because your gonna use money to buy food anyway like a box of chicken for virus removal. haha

I don't advertise but I just do a little work here and there. It's mostly word of mouth business or repeat customers.

More so I was looking to get money so I can put it away for a new build. I'm not sure how a macaroni CPU will function, but I guess I could give it a try.

Back