Looking to upgrade, PC isn't as responsive as it used to be

harleyd74

Hi I have recently realised that my pc is no longer being as responsive and it once was its very unstable my memory has crashed leading to my game closing (world of warcraft) .
I would like to upgrade my processor or gaming card but im really not sure where to start to fix the issue any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• techspot pic.JPG
    techspot pic.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 16
Which PC do you have, what is the model number?
Is WOW the only game you play? If not which others do you play?

The only other game I play is dc universe online but I dont see the same laggy and unstable issues im having with wow. I hope this is the right number I took it off the motherboard there is 2 there but not sure to which 1 so here is both, pu990000m008505 and the second is, M2N-MXSE PLUS/V-M2NC61P/DP-MB hope this is what you need thx.

I suggest you upgrade to windows 7 64-bit. Vista hogs resources especially RAM.
Your processor and system memory looks fine.
Your graphics card is a little weak with 16 cores and presumably 512mb vram. Depending upon your budget, system psu and games you have listed the geforce 610,620 or 630 should more than suffice as an entry level solution.

Also do you periodically defrag and delete the useless files from ur pc?

Yes im using advanced systemcare 6 atm I took alook at the graphics cards you sugested and decided on this 1 http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=GC-XNGT632 .
And I will upgrade to windows 7 asap yesterday wow froze up again and just before it crashed altogther I managed to take a screen shot which iv uploaded here thank you for all your help.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_121612_163743.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_121612_163743.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 9
Well, that's what I suspected when I again looked at the first screenshot you posted. It shows installed ram as 4gig but total physical memory as 3gigs. Whenever one has ram=3gb+, one should have a 64-bit edition of windows, since the 32-bit won't recognise more than 3gigs and hence won't use more than that.

So I say first you upgrade to win7 64-bit and see if the performance improves and only then upgrade your gpu.

Hello again iv been looking around for a version of windows 7 64bit but its a little confusing as to which version to buy( home premium proff or 1 that is for system builders only ?

Home premium should be fine, unless you have some applications that run on winxp (as the proff version has winxp mode.)
the other difference is that home prem supports max 16gig ram, which should be more than enough for home use.

Windows 7/ (32 or 64bit) has the Professional edition available which solves many application compatibility issues.
If you find problems with your favorite Program X, Win7/Pro will allow you to run it in XP SP2, SP3 mode as well as several others.

I'm very happy I made the upgrate from Win/7 Home -> Pro :)

Back