Looking to upgrade

Specs:

Make/Model: Toshiba Satellite C55D-B series (laptop)
OS: Windows 8.1 (going to Windows 10 when it comes out)
CPU: AMD APU r8 2.0 GHz Quad-Core (64-bit processor, x64-based processor)
GPU: AMD Radeon r5 Graphics (**Looking for upgrade**)
RAM: 4 GB (3.44 GB Usable **This is also what I'm looking to upgrade**)
HDD: 1 TB HDD

(I've attached my dxdiag if you need more information)

Description:

So basically I'm looking to upgrade my physical memory to support mid-high end gaming (Nothing higher than maybe Nosgoth, H&G, so basically nothing EXTREMELY high, but I've noticed that even though I may be past the minimum requirements for games - I still get FPS issues (for example, Team Fortress 2, in which I am far past the minimum requirements I have to run on a DirectX level of 8 or 8.1, when my DirectX level is 11. OS supports 128 GB, but I did some research and the motherboard can support up to 16 GB (Which I've heard from other sources on TS is a bit overkill for gaming) so I was looking to get an 8 GB RAM stick but I don't want to look under the bottom and identify the RAM stick before I know what to get - so can anyone help me?

Basically what I'm looking for right now is; what should I upgrade and if it is the RAM or GPU what should I get that isn't over-the-top amazing, but will get me 60+ fps on most games (not next-gen games like GTA V or any of the new-new games - but games like Nosgoth, TF2, L4D2 (which I can already run 30-40+ on high-extra graphics), League of Legends, etc.)

Also, just a quick question - for the AMD Radeon r5 Graphics, how hot is too hot for the GPU core? Even in a cold environment with it on standby for the night - the temperature (in fahrenheit) is 110+ (when according to Open Hardware Monitor the max is 147.2 (as of writing this it's fluctuation between about 110-130). And, does a hot GPU affect performance? If so, to what extent?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    72.9 KB · Views: 2
Back