Losing connection when I play a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobbigshow

I have a wireless network, the computer I play games with has a netgear wireless usb adapter. The connection never loses connection except when I play games. It is a fast cable connection so I should not have problems. The network is about 5 years old and in the beginning I did not have this problem. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

jacobbigshow said:
I have a wireless network, the computer I play games with has a netgear wireless usb adapter. The connection never loses connection except when I play games. It is a fast cable connection so I should not have problems. The network is about 5 years old and in the beginning I did not have this problem. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

1. Updated the firmware for the Router
2. Update the firmware or driver for the USB Adapter
3. Check the performance and see if you have the same problems

If you do might be time to replace the wireless router or Wireless USB Adapter is defective.

tipstir said:
1. Updated the firmware for the Router
2. Update the firmware or driver for the USB Adapter
3. Check the performance and see if you have the same problems

If you do might be time to replace the wireless router or Wireless USB Adapter is defective.

Ok I will do so, I am thinking the USB adapter or wirless router is defective cause 2 months ago I re-booted by router but didn't update the firmware for the driver....I will try that when I have a chance and update ya, or just buy a new wireless adapter.

Don't know where you live but if you're here in the USA Office Depot has this stuff reduced to a low amount for Netgear products. Sale is good for 4/12 but that's for online prices. If you have this store nearby might call to check first. Otherwise same brand or different one. I had to replaced failing switches and Netgear 5-port was $9.99 online at Office Depot. When I got to the store yesterday it was $4.99 but the 8-port was only $19.99 so I got that instead. Suppose to run cool it does.. I had seen the adapter USB ones also but I wasn't in the market for those.

tipstir said:
Don't know where you live but if you're here in the USA Office Depot has this stuff reduced to a low amount for Netgear products. Sale is good for 4/12 but that's for online prices. If you have this store nearby might call to check first. Otherwise same brand or different one. I had to replaced failing switches and Netgear 5-port was $9.99 online at Office Depot. When I got to the store yesterday it was $4.99 but the 8-port was only $19.99 so I got that instead. Suppose to run cool it does.. I had seen the adapter USB ones also but I wasn't in the market for those.

I see they are like $45, I will eitheir get them on ebay or wait since I never really play online games, just innoys me when I want to play some once in a blue moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back