Losing part text when printing

By Maurice
Nov 3, 2003
  1. I beleive this is quite common, & would like to be reminded how to correct it.
    When the lines of script are taking up about 90% of the width of the document I am printing, I lose abut a half-inch of each line, making it difficult to read. Recently, I printed off a 12 page document, & had to go back to the screen & go through every line, pencilling in the missing words/part words, it had to be done there & then as Iwas due at a meeting, & needed the print-out as notes.
    Can someone out there help please?
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but does your cartridges need to be aligned? In other words print a test page and re-adjust your printer offsets.

Also if it is webpages you can check out this link and see if that helps as well.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

I think its more of a margin issue.
    Maurice - what program are you printing the documents from?
  4. Maurice

Maurice Banned Topic Starter Posts: 646

I don't think it's to do with margins, SNGX, it doesn't happen when I write letters on "Word", only when I print off pages from a website. It's OK when the r/h side contains ads, then the script in the centre is whole.
    As to adjusting the printer off-sets, Poertner, it's a Epson 42UX, & I don't think you can do this with this printer, but thanks anyway.
  5. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

Check your printer settings ...

Attached Files:

6. Maurice

Maurice Banned Topic Starter Posts: 646

Thanks, Nic, You've helped this ol' guy in the past, & now again, much 'preciated!. Will go there & do that.
  7. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

It's not printer's fault. Browsers just don't render pages properly for printing. You could try displaying smaller text in browser though.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.