TechSpot

Loss of Power Loss of connection

By Trafficflow
Jan 4, 2009
  1. Loss of power causes loss of connection on restore of power. Need to isolate and see where the problem is. Does modem lose bridge on restore of power. My quess is no. So where is the change at. Is there a option to reconnect. This is a Netgear Wgt624 router with a Speedstream modem 4100. Thanks everybody

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

Is this a question ?

3. Trafficflow

Trafficflow TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 91

Sorry. Writing and not thinking. If the modem stays in bridge mode how do I keep the router online on temp loss of power?

4. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

A UPS so long as your ISP doesn't go down also.

5. Trafficflow

Good idea. Wasn't thinkin that route. Just for my information how would you keep the router in its mode Thanks

6. CCT

You plug the router power into the UPS also. I do.

7. Trafficflow

Thanks CCT alot. Did you run the wizard or manual setup? I looked up ups on ebay also.

8. CCT

Originally (I use APC but that was just what happened) I just used the onboard Power Management (XP Pro).

Since, I have used the APC software.

I have been hit MANY times with spikes, power losses, etc - never a problem with my or the wifes' 800 watt rigs or comps.

First unit we had the vr failed under warranty - no hassle replacement free return shipping.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.