Lost device drivers for Intel Chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody1191

I need help locating the device driver for my intel chipset i recently had to format my laptop and when i had re-installed Windows XP Professional back on to the laptop i had lost about 6 drivers for some of my devices i have managed to find all but 2 of these drivers the 2 left to find are "Video Controller" and "Video Controller (VGA Compatible). I have looked on the Intel Support website but can't find the chipset here is the details from a Everest Report

Device Properties
Driver Description: Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
Hardware ID: PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_ 0F711019&REV_03
PCI Device: Intel 82940GML/943GML Graphics Controller 0 [A-3]

This information is the same on both the drivers needed could anyone help by posting a link for these drivers.
Thanks

You say that this is a laptop? I would check the manufacturers website for drivers sometimes they have device drivers for whatever laptop you may have, I looked at the intel site and didnt see your chipset on there. What brand and model is your laptop?

My laptop is a EI Systems 3085 or 3086 not sure of exact number, but there is no manufacturers website.
Anyway i found the drivers after searching a bit longer. I used opendrivers.com which lists the device drivers for any make of chipset, 943GML is the chipset number but the driver for this is the same as the 945GML chipset and a few other Intel chipsets.

Yeah this website "opendrivers.com" showed the link for the device drivers, the link was to the intel site so it was on there i just couldn't find them, my laptop is working again now.
Thanks for the replies anyway.

http://support.thetechguys.com/Layout.aspx?ID={cdf5990f-e62e-4ca5-9fa0-b22e72c143bd}&CatID={9cd03d47-32d1-4c10-bb7b-74e436aa10fb}

Copy and paste into your address bar: gl :)

Thanks for the website url CCT, alot easier than searching on google for about 2hrs. Found correct model number 3086 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back