TechSpot

Lost device drivers for Intel Chipset

By woody1191
Mar 2, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I need help locating the device driver for my intel chipset i recently had to format my laptop and when i had re-installed Windows XP Professional back on to the laptop i had lost about 6 drivers for some of my devices i have managed to find all but 2 of these drivers the 2 left to find are "Video Controller" and "Video Controller (VGA Compatible). I have looked on the Intel Support website but can't find the chipset here is the details from a Everest Report

Device Properties
    Driver Description: Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
    Hardware ID: PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_ 0F711019&REV_03
    PCI Device: Intel 82940GML/943GML Graphics Controller 0 [A-3]

This information is the same on both the drivers needed could anyone help by posting a link for these drivers.
    Thanks
  2. mattb2e

mattb2e TS Rookie Posts: 18

You say that this is a laptop? I would check the manufacturers website for drivers sometimes they have device drivers for whatever laptop you may have, I looked at the intel site and didnt see your chipset on there. What brand and model is your laptop?
  3. woody1191

woody1191 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 638

My laptop is a EI Systems 3085 or 3086 not sure of exact number, but there is no manufacturers website.
    Anyway i found the drivers after searching a bit longer. I used opendrivers.com which lists the device drivers for any make of chipset, 943GML is the chipset number but the driver for this is the same as the 945GML chipset and a few other Intel chipsets.
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Have you tried the Intel Download Center ? I always find what I need there & it's the first place I look when I need drivers.
  5. woody1191

Yeah this website "opendrivers.com" showed the link for the device drivers, the link was to the intel site so it was on there i just couldn't find them, my laptop is working again now.
    Thanks for the replies anyway.
  6. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

http://support.thetechguys.com/Layout.aspx?ID={cdf5990f-e62e-4ca5-9fa0-b22e72c143bd}&CatID={9cd03d47-32d1-4c10-bb7b-74e436aa10fb}

Copy and paste into your address bar: gl :)
  7. woody1191

Thanks for the website url CCT, alot easier than searching on google for about 2hrs. Found correct model number 3086 :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.