Lost Fat32 logical drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sony vaio and recently used Sony's recover software to put my computer back to a factory state. The problem is that I forgot to disconnect an additional hard drive I had installed (Western Digital WD2500JB 250G). When the restore process was complete, The icon for that drive no longer showed up under the "My Computer" window. I can go into the Disk Management console and the physical drive will show up, but there is no logical drive available. From what I have figured out, there seems to be nothing physically wrong with the disk, just the FAT32 file system seems to be corrupt. Is there any program that can repair the file system? I have found many programs that claim to be able to let you pull your data off the "damaged" drive and save it on another drive, but have yet to find one that really works and is semi-easy to use. The last program I tried was PC Inspector's "File Recovery" software and it is the best I found so far, but still wasn't able to get all my files for me. It was able to get some and even some of those no longer worked. I would like to find a program that can repair the file system without having to move all the files to another disk, and won't erase all the data I have on there. Is there anything out there that can do this? It would be great if there was and even better if it was free.

No serious recovery program will write on the disk you are recovering data from - that would be just plain stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back