Lost Ram Overnight Paging File & Commit Charge High

Inactive
By Virtualmemory
Mar 30, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last night I lost virtual memory out of the blue. I used to have at least 800,000K plus on Commit Charge in task manager now it says I have 246,000K and my Paging File Is Sky High Rocketing along with memory currently in use. Im only running 24 Basic Process. I dont play games on my PC. I have no clue how this happened. Now just about every program I try to run wont run and the commit charge is peaking right at the new max of 246,000k. I have went to sytem utilities and unchecked and disabled all items that load on start. I have 8 giga bytes of free disk space so I'm good there, but this is Beyond Me. I've tried multiple Free RAM (so called helpers) but they dont work & half the time wont even open because of the Low Virtual Memory. I Dont Have a virus i am protected by CA Antivirus. I dont Have any spyware, protected by SpywareCease. I have tried to restore my system but that didnt work. i have cleared cookies, cache files,temp files, ETC. I have Registry Editor Pro and it fixed some invalid file associations and some DLL's, ETC. Still my memory is lost and so am I. :-(

I have an older computer but its all I got and I really cant afford to buy RAM. I just want to regain what ever Ram I lost. My computer is a desktop Intell Pentium Processor III version 2002 Service Pack 3 930 MHz with 256 MB of Ram. Thanks for reading this and I would apprecite any help what so ever. feel free to contact me direct lilloe44@gmail.com attention Virtualmemory
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

You have posted this in the wrong forum. Please re-post in the Windows OS forum on the TechSpot board.

This forum is only for virus and malware removal.

The one thing I will o\pass on to you is to uninstall this program and stop deleting random files:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.