TechSpot

Lost; Web address area!

By Maurice
Aug 25, 2004
  1. This has happened once before, a long time back, Google is my home page, & today, what I call the Web address area, at the top, pre-loaded with the Web address; http//www.breathe.com, has disappeared suddenly.
    Last time it did, about a year ago, I asked TS, who told me howto get it back, but I have forgotten, can somebody remind me please?....promise I'll make a note of it, this time!!!

Maurice.

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,201   +422

Can you right click on whatever you have left up there and select Address Bar? Perhaps you've accidentally hit the F11 key?

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

What Papa said will work, another solution is to go to view menu -> toolbars -> address bar. If you open up my computer and do that then you can go to tools -> folder options -> view -> then click on "Apply to all Folders", and it will fix it on all windows opened in the future. If you have multiple windows open and only do it on 1 then it may or may not still be there when another window is opened.

4. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

Or.....on a lark......just try hitting the F11 key again if that's what was accidentally done. :D

5. Maurice

Maurice Banned Topic Starter Posts: 646

Thanks, I have now got it back, I had to call in somebody, because suddenly nothing worked, & I mean NOTHING, [see my other thread, dated today]
    As you will see there, he got it all back, including the address bar.

I must try not to hit F11, that might have been the cause.

Maurice

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.