Lots of BSOD on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody !

I need some help, my mum's computer got a lot of BSOD : during a game, surfing or without doing anything at all... BSOD can appear 7 times a day or I can't get nothing for 3 days...

I've already format the hard drive twice (one normal and the other in low format mode), the BSOD keep appear.

I done 10 passes in Memtest with 0 errors, then i removed one RAM and do a retest, 8 passes, 0 errors and the BSOD are still there (the fans are clean too).

It's a laptop (MSI EX620), bought in january 2009... My mother tell me that the BSOD wasn't here at first, they apparently appears after the install of Microsoft Arcmouse... But I've got some blue screen even during installation of windows or in a live CD... (well this was a long time ago and I can't remember if the USB receiver from the mouse was connected...) Anyway I just start to remove this receiver to knowif it is the problem, but as BSOD are unpredictable and want some help during my test...

I attached the latests minidumps. (I've other one (not attached) showing me errors on athr.sys ; dxgkrnl.sys ; tdrpm288.sys or hidusb.sys)

Thanks in Advance !!
Bouiba (from France)

First, remove those mouse drivers if you already havn't done so.

Second, the only thing definitive as a probable cause is the ATI driver atikmdag.sys. Update these drivers from MSI's website for her exact model.

Third, update the NIC/Wireless drivers from MSI. I am suspicious this is where your problem lies but this is only an educated guess.

Hi,
I made 8 days without a blue screen (very rare)...
I thought that the problem was solved so i was going to reply, but today i got my blue screen.
Atikmdag.sys

All my drivers were updated (downloaded from MSI)...
I just made the install but do I need to delete the older one ?

Any ideas ?

thanks

I suggest you do the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Keep us up-to-date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back