TechSpot

Low FPS, major flickering, GTX 460

By Boggy
Mar 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Ok so recently I purchased a gtx 460 hawk and have been having major problems in my games. I have flickering during different effects in SC2, and major color issues in Rift. Essentially, any game I play has an issue. Here is a rundown of my system

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard
    AMD Phenom II x2 555 CPU (Overclocked to 4.1Ghz and 3 cores as 4th was unstable)
    4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DD3 1600 Ram (9-9-9-24 timings)
    MSI GTX 460 Hawk
    Antec Eco Neo 520W PSU
    WD Caviar blue 500GB HDD
    Windows XP SP3 32-Bit

Ok so heres the wierd part, the issue is temporarily solved whenever I reinstall the graphics drivers but the issue returns after a bit. I would be playing starcraft II and all of a sudden the game crashes and when I open it back up, the issue has returned and I have to reinstall the graphics drivers. My graphics card is not overheating as it is in a very well ventilated case and is running at stock speeds and I have also monitored the temps and they remain very low. I am fairly certain the card is not defective as I have already RMAed one and they simply replaced it with a new one

Any ideas on what could be wrong?
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,421   +217

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.