Low FPS on a lot of games

So I got a new computer a week ago, a brand new i5 760 with a 650W power supply, a pretty good intel mother board (sorry, dont remember model), and 2gb ram (im supposed to buy an additional 2gb soon, but im not sure if I need it) Only my graphics card (Nvidia 9500GT) is from my old computer.
Anyways I've installed four game so far; Blur which works at 28FPS~(1280X1024), COD BO which worked on 30FPS~(1024X768)/16FPS~(1280X1024) , Star Wars:The Force Unleashed 2 worked 30FPS~(1024X768)/16FPS~(1280X1024) And NFSHP which works 30 FPS on 1280X1024
Well i also installed COD MW2 and it works on max fps for 1280X1064 just like my old computer (crappy E6600)
Anyways, im pretty sure all of these games are supposed to work 45FPS++
If only someone could tell me why they are working on such low FPS, and how to fix the problem.

***All of the games have no spikes/lags/sudden freezing or such (which is a great inprovment)
*If this thread does'nt belong to here please move it to where it does belong.

Your video card is your bottleneck there - replace your GPU and you'll get much better performance. That's not a gaming card by any stretch of the imagination.

Sorry for newbishness but whats a bottleneck?
But 2gb RAM is enough right?
And is the i5 760 also good enough? (It better be!!)
EDIT:And which video card do you guys recommend so that GTA IV, BLACK ,etc will work 45FPS+ on 1280X1024

Bottleneck would mean that everything is tip top, but there is something slowing everything down. Like a bottle: everything flows out perfectly as long as the bottle's thick, but all of a sudden, the liquid strikes a bottleneck and the liquid is all of a sudden slowed down.

In a simple context: Your entire computer is superb, but your graphics card is not. Thus the entire computer slows down because of the limitations of the graphics card.

Only solution: a new, stronger, faster graphics card. Or possible newer drivers or something.

BTW: 2GbB of RAM is sufficient for gaming, but it's not "good", it's simply sufficient. :p

If you compared two processor-based applications on both computers, like YouTube or Tetris, you would notice a severe difference. But as games uses the GPU rather than the CPU, not much of a difference.

Thanks for the very clear explanation.
Now what Video card would you guys recommend that will run GTA IV,COD BO, Bioshock 2 and such with 45FPS+ on high resolutions.
My budget is pretty limited but tell me which Vc and ill check if I can afford

out of store computers frequently are designed for productivity - not gaming. FPS are tied chiefly to GPU, CPU, and ram in that order. You did not provide much else in specs, so it is hard to say where your bottleneck is.

As already pointed out your GPU is the likely cause of bad FPS, and an upgrade would definitely make an impact as that card is on the low end of things. In order for us to provide helpful feedback though could you please give us a budget? Also could you please tell us what power supply you have? 650W doesn't tell us much and we would prefer the make & model.

So far I would say maybe a 5770 would work well for your system on 1280x1024 resolution with maxed out graphics on those games. However if you plan on upgrading your monitor/resolution in the near future, you might want to look at better video cards.

Regarding your RAM, 2GB should be sufficient if you are using Windows XP. If you have Windows 7 64bit though I say 4GB would leave you better off.

Sorry couldnt find the Power supply model but im sure its not some 10$ shitbox.
I did find my motherboard model: P7H55-M LX

Do you have any budget in mind? Do you plan on keeping that monitor for the time being? Also that motherboard will be fine with any modern video card.

Ok, ram doesn't matter as much, I run off of 2gb ram, and everything works fine for me, also if you're going for a new graphics card, don't go for older series cards like 5770, go at least the ati 6000 series or nvida 500 series,they'll be better choices in the long run in terms of features and adaptability, because I bet you will be looking to upgrade to a higher resolution monitor soon.

I have some question to ask you, is the ATI Radeon HD 5450 is seriously old?

Not really, while it was released last year for the 5xxx generation Radeons at present there really isn't a substitute for it. Note that this card is pretty much a small step above an integrated card (minus Sandy Bridge/Fusion), and if you have plans to use anything remotely intensive graphically I recommended get something more powerful.

By the way, try making your own thread next time when you have a question. It'll make it easier for us :) .

Nvidia 9800GT managed to get Black Ops to 60FPS on my AMD PC. I would suggest anything above that for more serious gaming.

Back