TechSpot

Low FPS on StarCraft 2

By PizzaGnome
Oct 30, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. My laptop is an Asus G71GX with 6GB ram, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M graphics card, and I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. Even on the medium settings for Starcraft 2, I'm getting 5 fps. Positive my drivers are up to date due to me having to get a new hard drive due to my old one having to be replaced, sent it in to Asus and they said the hard drive was not fixable so they gave me a new one. Also ever since then, whenever I play a video on my laptop, the video will occasionally freeze, but the sound will keep playing. Any thoughts to as what could be wrong?

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

I wouldn't rely on Asus to ensure you have the latest drivers installed, especially the graphics driver. I would download and install the latest graphics driver. Be sure to uninstall the old driver first through Programs and Features. See if that helps.

3. PizzaGnome

PizzaGnome TS Rookie Topic Starter

My graphic driver is up to date, I used the nvidia scan online to make sure.