Low quality of graphics on HP pavilion Dv6000

By ettaros
Dec 8, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, i got a pavilion dv6000 and damn the graphics are too low. am running vista home prenium and got 4g ram... what could be the reason?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,681   +153

How old is this HP and when did the graphics issue start?
  3. lamo

lamo Newcomer, in training Posts: 570

tell the exact pat number of your laptop. if you're using the AMD platform, i'd like to recommend to sell it or change the unit to some other model of dv9xxx series(intel platform). nv6150go chip is very faulty chip.
  4. ettaros

ettaros Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

am using intel core2 duo cpu... the laptop is new... from the new pavilion series... all are ok ... just the graphics... idk what else to do
  5. lamo

lamo Newcomer, in training Posts: 570

there's nothing to do, except sell this laptop and buy a new one with powerful videochip.
  6. ettaros

that for example when i play wow it stucks... it lags a lot... any other game too.. even freelancer..
  7. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

90% of laptops use integrated graphics. they are not designed to play games. Motherboard RAM has nothing to do with your graphics capability.
  8. Tmagic650

"Motherboard RAM has nothing to do with your graphics capability"...

But more RAM can smooth out game play...
  9. drumstick

drumstick Newcomer, in training Posts: 21

A good defrag of the HD and disk clean up maybe in order.

Also there maybe a setting in the bios where you can change the amount of ram available to you graphics card. I would also suggest looking up the games recommended or minimul specs to run the game.
  10. CombinationZero

CombinationZero Newcomer, in training Posts: 40

11. ettaros

hmmmm ok i tried all and still nothing... maybe if i format the laptop? its vista... with its manufactuer software....

12. Tmagic650

Yes,
    you can try that
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.