low space warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

I have a partition on my laptop that is very small in addition to my big partition.
The little one is used for mostly word processing files.
I keep getting a low space warning on the small partition even though the small partition has plenty of room. How do I turn this warning off?

Download this program called Advanced XP Tweak from HERE

It's a damn trial, but I had mine for over 2 months without a problem.

Open the program and look for the "Tweaks", then go to "system", check the tab called "Disable Low Disk Space Warning".

Finally click save (I often forget it) and reboot.

It should work fine now.

You can fix this with a quick registry tweak!

1. Go to the start menu and find the 'Run...' command (HINT: You can get to the run command quickly by using keyboard shortcut WinKey-R!).

2. Type in 'regedit' and click ok.

3. Navigate through the registry to the following key:

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer
4. Create a new DWORD in the above key (Edit -> New -> DWORD Value) and name it NoLowDiskSpaceChecks.

5. Now double click on the NoLowDiskSpaceChecks DWORD and change give it a decimal value of '1'.

6. Now close regedit, and log out of windows or reboot!

When you log back in you will no longer be annoyed with the low disk space warning messages!

nickc said:
You can fix this with a quick registry tweak!

1. Go to the start menu and find the 'Run...' command (HINT: You can get to the run command quickly by using keyboard shortcut WinKey-R!).

2. Type in 'regedit' and click ok.

3. Navigate through the registry to the following key:

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer
4. Create a new DWORD in the above key (Edit -> New -> DWORD Value) and name it NoLowDiskSpaceChecks.

5. Now double click on the NoLowDiskSpaceChecks DWORD and change give it a decimal value of '1'.

6. Now close regedit, and log out of windows or reboot!

When you log back in you will no longer be annoyed with the low disk space warning messages!

Hey! That's a very good one mate! :)

Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back