Low voltage CPU question

By tutkas
May 12, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi!

I've been looking to buy a new tablet pc and i've been focusing on a HP tablet (here's a link http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF25a/321957-321957-64295-321838-306995-3355644.html ) which has a reasonable price but there's also a but: it's equipped with a 1.2 Ghz intel Dual core processor, so my question would be: what is that processor capable of ( in comparison with a single core P4 @ 3 Ghz), so if some of you have a similar notebook or have experience with low voltage processors so please post!
  2. lamo

lamo Newcomer, in training Posts: 570

LV and ULV CPUs are the same CPU as coreDuo, but they working using lower voltages than usual cpus. the performance is the same, but power consumption is much lower due to lower heat dissipation inside the core, etc. so, laptop with LV or ULV cpu will works longer when out of AC-adaptor. :)
  3. igan

igan Newcomer, in training

+1

to tutkas:

use notebook hardware control for comparing table voltage\mult ulv cpu's with convantional.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.