Lower FPS rates

1. Hello,

My gaming laptop, yesterday (or two days ago), started having lower FPS rates. When I check FPS rates it is at 300, then drops to 200 in open areas, sometimes to 150, and occasionally it drops to 70 or 80 for a few seconds. When the drops happen I can see that something is wrong.

Before my games ran smoothly now you can feel that something is unnatural about them even though the games still run. I had an FPS issue before where my game was running at only 30 FPS through out and I solved it by realizing that my ac-adapter was set to minimum power usage. Now it is a different issue and I have no idea what is causing it. I went to Dell website and downloaded latest update for my graphics card but still no progress.

An error report from my computer gave me the following today. I cannot help but wonder that perhaps this is the issue behind the problem.

Attached Files:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.