Lsass.exe & safe mode help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmalinauk

Hi

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place so have posted in another part of the forum as well, so apologies for duplication.

Anyway, my Norton picked up a "threat" and suggested I reboot, which I did. I now get a message that says:

"lsass.exe
The apllication failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application"

When I click OK, the screen remains black and doesn't go any further.

I'm guessing that this is a virus of some sort so have tried to go into Safe Mode to remove it but on the boot screen it goes no further than:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system32\drivers\agpCPQ.sys

So I'm stuck! Where do I go from here - any ideas?

Thanks!

a little update:

I can now get in via safe mode / safe mode with networking and the error message still comes up so I still can't do anything?!

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I can't do any of the steps as I can't even get past the blank screen.after the "lsass.exe
The apllication failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application" message pops up as the screen remains black.

What is the error code (it's not 0xc0000005)?

Do you have friends that have tech knowledge? If they do see if they can slave your harddrive to their system and have them run diagnostics such as a) running virus, malware and other security scans and b) harddrive utilities.

I don't think there is an error code - I only get the box with the above message and if I click OK, the screens stays blank and nothing happens.

I don't have anyone who can do that. Perhaps I'll have to take it into the repair shop?

If you don't have anyone who can help you I guess that is your best recourse. Whatever Norton found it appears to be the culprit.

When you are ready to install a better security solution let us know and we'll try to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back