TechSpot

LulzSec Reborn strikes again, leaks 10,000 Twitter accounts on Pastebin

By Shawn Knight
Jun 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. An alleged restructured version of the LulzSec hacker group has taken responsibility for a collection of around 10,000 user accounts related to a third-party Twitter service. This is the second...

Read the whole story

2. Well, what's the point?

3. PC nerd

PC nerd TS Booster Posts: 317   +41

I don't understand why they think attacking the general public is going to somehow achieve something. All it's going to do is piss everyone off and turn the world against them...

I thought the idea was to attack the government and the corporations.

4. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TS Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

Absolutely right. Not only that, but the attack victimized a very small company, as successful Internet operations go. Twitter might be able to ignore such an attack, but how's a small company that provides a few people with a clever service going to shrug it off?

All these *****s did was hurt the little guy. Cheer them for that? Not in this lifetime.

5. Their scheme is to show you how much info these 'corporations' actually have on you, and by attacking them and publicly announcing it. They hope to reduce the amount of people using the 'corporations' services by putting the doubt into people about what and how much personal information they are giving away, and how it could be sold/used.

6. Just another power play that is worthless.

7. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

It is a power play but not the one you guys think it is. This is a direct attack at ANON. Twitter has always been a sounding board. announcment site for everything Anon has done. Im betting if you comb through that info your gonna see a few of the ANON ppl on that password list.

8. I get they think they're trying to do something good, but "the twitter accounts of 10,000 users," isn't really something attack-worthy.