Luna is the smart mattress cover you never knew you needed

By Shawn Knight
Jan 28, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. The smart home movement is rapidly expanding to include virtually every aspect of the home and apparently, your bed isn't off-limits. A product by the name of Luna - which promises to deliver the future of sleep - is taking...

Read more
  2. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,526   +684

Interesting, but where is the cooling cycle for when those two 30 year old twins come over for the night? No defrost cycle needed ..... :)
    Hexic likes this.
  3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,428   +472

You get a 2x1 discount??

Jokes aside, it's not that expensive and sounds pretty darn sweet. I'll buy once I see that in action though, won't support the whole buy it so we can design and manufacture it.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

C'mon man, give me a break. This is nothing more than a fancy, expensive electric blanket. They'll stop at nothing nowadays to try convince us we need these trivial, irrelevant and expensive things to enrich our lives and why? Because they're not interested in enriching our lives as much as they're interested in enriching their bank balance.
    Oh well I guess that makes sense, there's nothing wrong with making money as long as it's done legally.
    rpjkw11 likes this.
  5. Arrhhh nice, I wonder when you are doing the horizontal dance in bed the smart phone app makes the moaning noises for you, extra lazy for the win. :D
  6. theBest11778

theBest11778 TS Addict Posts: 223   +64

As most of us don't have smart homes most of the benefits are lost on us, but I know my fiancé likes to be much colder than I do when I sleep, so for us something like this could be useful.
  7. drjekelmrhyde

drjekelmrhyde TS Booster Posts: 188   +43

I gave up on the whole Smart thing when some lazy guy on Gizmodo tried to promote a $80 smart meat thermometer that does the same thing a $20 dumb one with a wire probe does.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

Thanks for letting us all know your chick is frigid (y) Now we all know to avoid her :D
    P.S. I'm just teasing you. ;)
  9. Kibaruk

Smart phones, have control over the whole thing, program times, temperature to the degree level, know about your sleep patterns, cardiac and what not. Sounds cool and it's not expensive at all.
  10. Hexic

Hexic TS Addict Posts: 272   +127

Rofl, I was thinking the same thing. When my significant other and I decide to turn that heat up, Luna better not attempt to third-wheel it and start changing things.. Hopefully there's a 'pause' button. :p
  11. deemon

deemon TS Booster Posts: 199   +46

They spoke about heating, but does this Luna have a cooling system also? I hate warm bed ... can't sleep in one. What about pillow cooling? While trying to get asleep turning pillow for cool spot constantly... in-built cooling would be so good.
  12. Kibaruk

Yes, it comes with an integrated AC unit, in a 2 mm form factor...
  13. michael ellams

michael ellams TS Rookie Posts: 22

Im happy with a $50 electric blanket I can control and not give money for some dumb idea that will sell because they put "smart" on it nothing smart about dumbing the human race because you get to lazy to do anything yourself.