Luna is the smart mattress cover you never knew you needed

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The smart home movement is rapidly expanding to include virtually every aspect of the home and apparently, your bed isn’t off-limits. A product by the name of Luna – which promises to deliver the future of sleep - is taking Indiegogo by storm. So what’s all of the fuss about?

Luna is a mattress cover; but not just any mattress cover, it’s a smart cover that can intelligently manage the temperature of your bed, track your sleep and integrate with your smart home.

luna smart mattress lazy dream true crowdfunding indiegogo luna smart mattress

The smart cover learns your behavior over time so, for example, it’ll know when you’re about to lay down and sets the bed to a comfortable temperature to help you fall asleep faster. Built-in sensors allow Luna to track your sleep phases, heart rate and breathing rate and when it’s time to wake up, there’s a smart alarm to wake you up at the right moment of light sleep so you feel refreshes instead of groggy.

Luna pairs up with a smartphone app for total control and best yet, it works with existing smart home products such as smart thermostats, door locks, light bulbs and more. Using IFTTT, Luna can even be programmed to brew you a cup of coffee the moment you step out of bed.

luna smart mattress lazy dream true crowdfunding indiegogo luna smart mattress

Luna launched on Indiegogo just yesterday and has already managed to blow past its $100,000 funding goal. The cover is available in full, queen, king and California king sizes with pricing starting at $179. You’ll need to act quick if you want one, however, as the early bird queen and king size tiers have already sold out.

Luna is expected to ship to early backers in August of this year.

Permalink to story.

Interesting, but where is the cooling cycle for when those two 30 year old twins come over for the night? No defrost cycle needed ..... :)

You get a 2x1 discount??

Jokes aside, it's not that expensive and sounds pretty darn sweet. I'll buy once I see that in action though, won't support the whole buy it so we can design and manufacture it.

C'mon man, give me a break. This is nothing more than a fancy, expensive electric blanket. They'll stop at nothing nowadays to try convince us we need these trivial, irrelevant and expensive things to enrich our lives and why? Because they're not interested in enriching our lives as much as they're interested in enriching their bank balance.
Oh well I guess that makes sense, there's nothing wrong with making money as long as it's done legally.

Arrhhh nice, I wonder when you are doing the horizontal dance in bed the smart phone app makes the moaning noises for you, extra lazy for the win. :D

As most of us don't have smart homes most of the benefits are lost on us, but I know my fiancé likes to be much colder than I do when I sleep, so for us something like this could be useful.

I gave up on the whole Smart thing when some lazy guy on Gizmodo tried to promote a $80 smart meat thermometer that does the same thing a $20 dumb one with a wire probe does.

As most of us don't have smart homes most of the benefits are lost on us, but I know my fiancé likes to be much colder than I do when I sleep, so for us something like this could be useful.
Thanks for letting us all know your chick is frigid (y) Now we all know to avoid her :D
P.S. I'm just teasing you. ;)

Smart phones, have control over the whole thing, program times, temperature to the degree level, know about your sleep patterns, cardiac and what not. Sounds cool and it's not expensive at all.

Interesting, but where is the cooling cycle for when those two 30 year old twins come over for the night? No defrost cycle needed ..... :)

Rofl, I was thinking the same thing. When my significant other and I decide to turn that heat up, Luna better not attempt to third-wheel it and start changing things.. Hopefully there's a 'pause' button. :p

They spoke about heating, but does this Luna have a cooling system also? I hate warm bed ... can't sleep in one. What about pillow cooling? While trying to get asleep turning pillow for cool spot constantly... in-built cooling would be so good.

They spoke about heating, but does this Luna have a cooling system also? I hate warm bed ... can't sleep in one. What about pillow cooling? While trying to get asleep turning pillow for cool spot constantly... in-built cooling would be so good.

Yes, it comes with an integrated AC unit, in a 2 mm form factor...

Im happy with a $50 electric blanket I can control and not give money for some dumb idea that will sell because they put "smart" on it nothing smart about dumbing the human race because you get to lazy to do anything yourself.

Back