TechSpot

Lynx program for web develoment class

By eightwpm
Nov 19, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello all, desperately need help installing a lynx(sys) file to my win xp home sp3 desktop hdd. Ok, followed textbk. instruc. to a tee; copied a lab file which includes "lynx" file.(I am learning basics on writing web page.) directory is, c:\CIW . next step to copy the lynx\ directory to desktop(well i didnt see a lynx directory in that file) so I copied the whole file to desktop.at this point should there have been a directory file? next step, book states"once yo u have copied lynx app. to desktop, open a command prompt using the following command"cd desktop\lynx." at this point I should be able to access web using a command as follows"lynx http://-- - - - - -. you get the picture. NOT,,,,,,working Please help.
    sys. specs;old I know. asus 428 mobo - intel p4 proc..- xp home sp3 - 2gb ram- radeon 9500 graphics card - also installed office 07 - adobe 9.0 plus windows live care. Really I wouldnt be doing this if I didnt have to. My first class and cant even use required software. Yikes..... by the way I have a ntfs file sys. for the record, also using cable internet
    Well fellow peoples, I seem to have got this lynx file copied and working with command prompt. Thanks for your encouragement. Until I come across another problem.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.