TechSpot

Lytro's shoot now, focus later camera coming to major retailers

By Shawn Knight
Sep 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The world's first light field camera will soon be available for purchase at several major online retailers in the US. Lytro will be launching their shoot now, focus later camera through Amazon.com, BestBuy.com and Target.com starting October 9 and locally...

Read more

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,568   +103

Great toy, but from what I've read the output images aren't of a particularly high resolution. Still need a DSLR or equivalent for higher resolution photography. Wouldn't mind one of these to play about with, for casual snaps it would certainly be a good solution.

3. I guess I'm old school, but I like to compose my shots rather than post-process every single shot I take. This does sound fun to play with and is a cool concept though. $400 is a chunk I'd rather spend on something else.

Arris likes this.
  4. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

For us Spyders, taking photos without hesitation is essential to our work. Quick "scans" of secret documents are effortless with our standard issue Lycros cameras. Also useful for taking quick snaps with extreme discretion, such as from my waist level.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.