M-Audio keyboard issue

By rev_olie
Jun 2, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey

recently Ive been turning on my M Audio midi controller keyboard for use in a program called reason. For some reason Windows keeps loosing the drivers and not recognizing the device when i plug it in. Windows makes the sound as if it picks it up and when i turn it off it makes the sound as if its just disconnected but it never runs properly. I have to each time i turn the computer on uninstall the old drivers and then install them again..its really weird. I know Reason works and i know the keyboard works so why does it never find the drivers.

Thanks
  2. austincpdist

austincpdist Newcomer, in training

This could work...make sure that when you connect it plug it in the same usb port as the last time you installed drivers. any luck?
  3. rev_olie

rev_olie TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 598

nah im afraid not the laptop is never moved so nothing gets unplugged so its allways in the same port cheers anyway
  4. Andels

Andels Newcomer, in training Posts: 16

Hello rev_olie,

What is your current windows version?
    What is the model of your M-Audio Midi Controller Keyboard?
  5. rev_olie

Hi
    Im running Windows Media centre XP and its an M-Audio Oxygen 8V2 midi controler
  6. Andels

Andels Newcomer, in training Posts: 16

Hello again,

I'm sorry, Windows Media Center XP does not support the M-Audio Oxygen 8V2 midi controller.
  7. rev_olie

hmm so how come it worked before ok but all of a sudden it doenst?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.