M32.myzor.fk@yf came to visit me yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me get rid of this annoying virus? Each time I try to use the internet, the about;blank appears in the address bar and up pops the warning and security problems. Then some company tries to sell me their software. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Thank you

Wow, I had no idea you would respond so quickly. My husband couldn't wait so we called the Microsoft virus guys. It took forever to scan and fix this annoying little virus. Is that HJT something that I should have downloaded on my computer as a safeguard or should Norton 360 be enough? Thanks for your time.

Hijackthis should not be used without guidance, it list off some registry locations where we can see what's infecting you.

Though I dislike Norton 360 and could recommend some free programs that offer better protection - it should be fine, just make sure to keep it updated and don't let your subscription expire unless you have something else to put in its place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back