Mac App Store sees 1 million downloads in 24 hours

Emil

Staff

Even before it was released yesterday, the Mac App Store was cracked. By installing Kickback, users will be able to pirate any application in the store. Interestingly though, the creators have decided not to make the crack available until February 2011. There is still good news for Apple: the company has announced that over 1 million apps have been downloaded from the Mac App Store in the first 24 hours.

The Mac App Store launched yesterday with more than 1,000 free and paid apps in Education, Games, Graphics & Design, Lifestyle, Productivity, Utilities, and other categories. The store is only available for Snow Leopard users through Software Update as part of Mac OS X v10.6.6.

"We're amazed at the incredible response the Mac App Store is getting," Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO, said in a statement. "Developers have done a great job bringing apps to the store and users are loving how easy and fun the Mac App Store is."

Permalink to story.

Is this even surprising? Many people with Apple iOS products have Apple computers. Why on earth wouldn't someone download his already purchased apps?

People can have fun on the app store?!
I have an iPhone and I really don't find the store "fun" at all, its just useful to find apps?

What a strange way to describe your newly released app store, "fun"??

I guess thats why people buy Macs, they're fun, even if they don't have a proper games libary.

The Appstore is as close as you get to gaming on a Mac - that's why it's fun. It's more fun than playing Photoshop. j/k

Back