Mac Book Pro Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help from someone who understands how macs work.
i'm a newly enrolled film student and i'm gonna have to use final cut pro to make films.
I was going to buy final cut studio two and run it on a regular mac book with 2.4 GHZ and 2GB RAM, But the bearded individuals at the Apple Store told me something to the effect that that wouldn't work because the video card on a macbook isn't integrated with the memory and that i would have to buy a , considerably more expensive, Macbook Pro. Frankly I think they were just trying to sell me a more expensive machine,but i wanted to get a second opinion. Can sombody tell me what it would take to run final cut pro on a MacBook?

Look at the "Final Cut" site. There used to be equipment information there.
One thing for sure, You need a great deal of memory, and don't want the memory to be partially consumed by the video graphics card.
The Mac Book Pro is definitly worth the money, but the refurbished Store at Apple might be the place to look.

It all works -- the question is, How well?

If you're going to spend a lot of time in Video/Midi software, then you want to
segregate Video Memory from System Memory. This is done with a better Video Card.

The Macbook Pro is a great machine and in the long run, you will be much happier
for the decision :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back