Mac OS X on a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBN

Is there a version of Mac OS X that can run on a PC? Is there anyone here with experience of it?

IBN said:
Is there a version of Mac OS X that can run on a PC?

Nope, and chances there never will be. At a recent press conference, Steve Jobs (Apple CEO) said that he wanted to make it clear that " Mac OS X will never be allowed to run on a machine besides a Mac" So unless they create bootcamp for a PC dont count on it.

if you want OS X so bad, log onto ebay, buy an inexpensive imac or something like that, then also look for a version of OS X 10.4, and then load it. chances are very good that you could get both for like $100.00

.....AMD

not that i know of currently. you might be able to do a google search and find one, but i wouldnt reccomend it, b/c if you just find a random piece of software out there, who knows what kind of damage it could to to your computer. just to let you know, that like with Apples Bootcamp, it COMPLETLEY reformats the HD so your original machine could be gone forever. Also taken from the comment that Mr Jobs made, it could possibly be illegal.

do whatever you want but you've been warned

Well its not exactly legal, so yes, we don't want to discuss this. If you think strongly otherwise take it up with Julio, if he posts here or other wise tells me its ok, then I'll gladly allow discussion and likely participate.

Edit: I also think there are not many (likely none) techspotters that have any serious knowledge in running OSX on a PC, so one would be better off directing questions to those OSX86 guys anyway.

Yes, but this article was published back in November of 2005, in a pc magazine, they tried out what they mentioned here, and dont get me wrong, they reported that it worked. But, they said it wouldnt run Mac Aqua effects, and they graphics were terrible b/c they messed up the GPU drivers when installing OS X, and they said all and all, it took HOURS to even get it up and running w/o crashing every 5 sec. I will say it again.

Go ahead, but you've been warned

and as SNGX1275 said, it IS illegal

....AMD

The closest youll get to Mac emulation on a PC is OS 8 and below i belive, i think you can even get them straight of apples website, but there so outdated it wouldnt matter.

Have you thought about investing in an Intel Mac? you'd have a better chance with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back