Mac requirements for Starcraft 2

Am trying to help a spanish friend figuer out if his Mac has enough power to run Starcraft 2: Wings Of Liberty. Any help would be appriciated.

Specs in spanish:

Nombre del modelo: MacBook Pro
Identificador del modelo: MacBookPro4,1
Nombre del procesador: Intel Core 2 Duo
Velocidad del procesador: 2.5 GHz
Número de procesadores: 1
Número total de núcleos: 2
Caché de nivel 2: 6 MB
Memoria: 4 GB
Velocidad del bus: 800 MHz
Versión de la ROM de arranque: MBP41.00C1.B03
Versión SMC (sistema): 1.27f2
Número de serie (sistema): W88331VLYJY
UUID de hardware: 38A9C243-EB68-5DDD-B7F3-EB9C6B6B7ADC
Sudden Motion Sensor:
Estado: Activado

Its a C2D 2.5Ghz with 4GB of RAM, the only thing thats going to possibly hurt on it is the video card.

Edit: Actually just looked it up, its graphics are going to be fairly weak for that game. Looks like the notebook has a 8600M GT card. It will play, he just won't be able to play it at 1440x900 (if blizzard even supports that). Will probably have to play at 1280x760 or something and maybe have to drop some of the eyecandy off.

Find someone that has bought the collectors edition and use one of their 2 free 14 hour game passes.

The specs really aren't hard to read in Spanish...

Anyway, the game will run fine. 8600M GT is crappy, but on low graphics settings at a low resolution it'll probably get 20-30 fps. 30fps is the lowest that's really optimal, but hell I played WoW at 15 fps for years, it's doable.

SC2 is not overly demanding, hardware wise. I play it on a laptop with an overclocked 9800M GS and it's just fine on medium graphics. 4GB of RAM is more than enough (I'm at 40% usage during a game with 4GB) and a Core 2 @ 2.5GHz will also be alright - my proc is only clocked at 2.13Ghz, dual core.

Edit: Just checked with my dad, he has a similar MBP model. Says it runs smooth. Good luck, OP :)

Also, read, or tell your friend to read this article on Techspot. It's got a lot of information.

Back