TechSpot

Mac Virtual machine on windows

By greener86
Jun 20, 2008
  1. Hi

I have the mac os x tiger install disks and a pc with vista loaded. i want to setup a virtual machine running mac. Whats the best way to do this? Or is it even possible??
    Thanks
    G

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

Can't. You need Apple hardware to run an Apple OS. You could toy around with OS X86 but it isn't a very elegant solution right now, and it will probably get broke by updates.

3. macc14

macc14 TS Rookie

it's can be done. You just need a MacOS x86 installer DVD. But it's not legal. For specification, macOS 10.4.5 use a SSE2 Support for the processor, intel pentium4 minimal. 10.4.9 use a SSE3 processor support, Intel Dual Core above

4. Pos_Dell

Pos_Dell TS Rookie

deff can be done

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

Not with the disks from Apple. I said you could do it with the modified disks. But you will not take a retail Apple disk and have it run on your PC.

6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

We're in grey territory here... let's hold off on this conversation before something is said that shouldn't be - there are other places you can find to get this information, but as was previously stated it's not completely legal.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.