TechSpot

Mac Virtual machine on windows

By greener86
Jun 20, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

I have the mac os x tiger install disks and a pc with vista loaded. i want to setup a virtual machine running mac. Whats the best way to do this? Or is it even possible??
    Thanks
    G
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,539   +301

Can't. You need Apple hardware to run an Apple OS. You could toy around with OS X86 but it isn't a very elegant solution right now, and it will probably get broke by updates.
  3. macc14

macc14 TS Rookie

it's can be done. You just need a MacOS x86 installer DVD. But it's not legal. For specification, macOS 10.4.5 use a SSE2 Support for the processor, intel pentium4 minimal. 10.4.9 use a SSE3 processor support, Intel Dual Core above
  4. Pos_Dell

Pos_Dell TS Rookie Posts: 16

deff can be done
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,539   +301

Not with the disks from Apple. I said you could do it with the modified disks. But you will not take a retail Apple disk and have it run on your PC.
  6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,308   +265

We're in grey territory here... let's hold off on this conversation before something is said that shouldn't be - there are other places you can find to get this information, but as was previously stated it's not completely legal.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.