MacBook Pro issues

19ran69

So my Macbook Pro has been working wonderfully, until recently when it runs out of battery it goes into sleep mode but when I plug in the power cord it does not do the restoring from how it was before (i don't know what its called, but its when the screen goes grey and the white bars go across until i can get back in) it does not show me anything so I have to press the power button and even then it does not show me that screen it just reboots (i don't hold it in but just press it normally like when booting it up) Then when it is booted the date and time are reset . I have to reset the clock and it then works fine. its just so annoying everytime it happens you lost your work.

is there any fix for this problem?

2.26GHz intel core duo
memory 4gb 1067 Mhz DDr3
leopard 10.5

In the PC world this would likely mean your CMOS battery is dead, but in the Apple world, who knows. Apple doesn't use batteries for that anymore and went to a capacitor from what I understand.

Anyway, I guess the first thing you can try is a SMC Reset.

sir SNGX1275 I already tried the SMC reset but still when the battery gets empty my mac reboots what do think the problem? is this a battery issue? I also did the battery calibration still no luck ......

I don't know. I'd guess that something isn't working properly that detects how much power the battery has left, and thus is letting the battery discharge too far before forcing the computer to sleep. I don't know if thats the battery or something else in the system. :(

Back