Machine_check_exception BSOD

So I've been getting BSOD's since I built my computer about 2 years ago. It only happens when I start to play a game. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, everything starts getting laggy and the sound gets distorted until it eventually freezes and results in a BSOD. One thing to add that I noticed is that when everything starts to get laggy, I see my ethernet connection at the bottom right of my screen disconnect for a split second and then reconnect.

Things I've tried include disconnecting my HDD and leaving only my SSD to check if the problem occurs which it still does (The problem still occured before I bought my SSD when I only had my HDD). I've tried updating my GPU drivers and stressing my GPU for about 1.5hrs using Unigine Heaven Benchmark which was fine. I've also tried replacing my RAM and that also didn't solve the issue and resulted in more BSOD's so I RMA'd the new RAM.

Specs:

i7-950
ASUS Gene Rampage III
GTX 480
Seagate 500GB HDD
OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD
Patriot 3x2GB RAM
Corsair HX850

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID:4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode:9c
BCP1:0000000000000000
BCP2:FFFFF88003301C70
BCP3:0000000000000000
BCP4:0000000000000000
OS Version:6_1_7601
Service Pack:1_0
Product:256_1

I also reformatted my computer around December 14th and it still didn't resolve the issue.

I've added the minidump file. There are 3 of them but this is the only one that it allowed me to compress. For the others, it gave me a "file not found or no read permission" error.

Attachments

• 010413-9672-01.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 1
The minidump is "empty"... Here's the procedure to select, compress and attach all .dmp files. Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click and send them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

I'm running NOD32. However, even when I disable my anti-virus, it still gives me the same error for some reason.

Did you manage to figure what was causing those BSOD's to happen?

I have all the exact same symptoms you described and been looking around forums any solution/explanation.

I have the same CPU, Mobo and GPU as yours, here are my specs:

i7 950
ASUS Rampage GENE III
GAINWARD GTX480
Dominator GT 6GB in Tripple Channel
CoolerMaster Hyper Evo 212
Aerocool Strike-X 600W 80Plus
HDD 250GB Sata

I might have them erased yesterday since I did a "hard clean" with CCleaner. The minidump folder is empty atm.

I'll just wait for another BSOD and I ll post the minidump ASAP.

I got a BSOD today, this time it gave me a different error code (KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR). Normally I get the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.
Anyway, here are the minidumps.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    71.8 KB · Views: 2
Back