TechSpot

Macromedia Flash player install location.

By Spike
Oct 25, 2004
  1. Just a quickie. Does anyone know of an install location for the Macromedia flash player. I've got someone trying to open a flash file, I pointed her to the macromedia website and she installed it. Apparently, filetype .swf is still not associated with an application.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

3. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 2,168

Many thanks for the quick reply, but I'm afraid it doesn't quite answer my question (unless I've missed something on the website.

My apologies. I should have been more clear.

She has apparently installed the flash player from that link, but she still cannot open the swf file I sent her, because windows doesn't know which application to open it with.

Can I associate the .swf extention with the player manually, just like any other application, and if so, where do I locate the flash player executable?

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Tell her to open a browser window (IE, Firefox, etc.) & to drap/drop the file on that window.

5. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 2,168

Ah! Thanks!

I have Flash MX installed, which seems to come with a standalone flash player. I'd assumed the downloadable player would be much the same.

I guess It's only an IE plugin then.

Problem solved now though.

Thanks again.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.